From the development of a major corporate office complex to the sale of a condominium, we serve clients in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate areas, representing lenders, developers, builders, joint venturers, landlords, tenants, investors and homeowners.
Our services in the area of real estate include:
- The purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate and the drafting and review of related documents including purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, security agreements, deeds, convenants and all related contracts.
- The financing of acquisitions and the refinancing of real estate related loans.
- Leases, occupancy agreements and landlord/tenant relationships.
- Easements and license agreements.
- Obtaining municipal approval for the sale, purchase, use and development of real estate including building and zoning permits and environmental compliance.
- Negotiation and drafting of Architects, General Contractor and Subcontractor agreements.
- Compliance issues related to bid requirements and statutes related to public construction.
- Representation in litigation arising out of real estate ventures, including mediation and arbitration of construction disputes.
Contact us today if you have questions about Real Estate
Kevin S. Freytag is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice. He assists clients with the resolution of various business disputes in the areas of construction, labor and employment, and real estate and land use matters. He has represented construction companies in contract disputes, bid disputes, bond claims, abandonment claims, Chapter 93A consumer protection claims, mechanic’s liens claims, construction defect claims, indemnity claims, and insurance coverage issues under commercial general liability policies. Mr. Freytag also advises commercial landlords and tenants Read More
Partner(617) 479-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Graham is a managing partner with Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP and directs the firm’s corporate and commercial law practice areas. Mr. Graham has over thirty-five years experience in corporate organization, commercial contracting, business acquisition and sales, license and royalty agreements, intellectual property protection, commercial financing (bank, private placement and venture), commercial real estate acquisition, sale, leasing and construction, as well as general business counseling and advice. He has served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and has Read More
Attorney(617) 479-5000 email@example.com
Formerly corporate counsel at a large Massachusetts Community Bank, Mr. McNulty’s practice is primarily focused on corporate and financial transactional work. Mr. McNulty handles the full spectrum of corporate and real estate matters and has assisted clients with entity formation, real estate transactions, mergers & acquisitions and investments, as well as commercial and residential acquisitions and dispositions. Additionally, Mr. McNulty represents and advises various financial institutions on a wide range of topics, including corporate governance, compliance, construction and secured lending, Read More
Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane Attorney Appointed for a Second Term and as Chair of Plymouth County Commission on the Status of Women
Karis L. North, an attorney with Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP, was recently appointed to a second three-year term on the Plymouth County Commission on the Status of Women by the Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women. In addition, Ms. North was re-elected to the position of Chairwoman by her sister Commissioners. The Plymouth County Commission on the Status of Women and Girls is a regional commission established in 2018 as a local resource for advancing Read More
Unpacking the Federal Stimulus Package’s Direct Payments, Enhanced Unemployment Payments, and FFCRA Leave Extension
There has been a great deal of discussion in the news lately about the latest Congressional stimulus package, which was ultimately signed by President Trump on Sunday, December 27, 2020, following his initial pushback. The stimulus package, officially known as the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (the “Stimulus”), is a behemoth piece of legislation that consists of nearly 5,600 pages, covering a broad array of appropriation matters.