From the development of a major corporate office complex to the sale of a condominium, we serve clients in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate areas, representing lenders, developers, builders, joint venturers, landlords, tenants, investors and homeowners.
Our services in the area of real estate include:
- The purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate and the drafting and review of related documents including purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, security agreements, deeds, convenants and all related contracts.
- The financing of acquisitions and the refinancing of real estate related loans.
- Leases, occupancy agreements and landlord/tenant relationships.
- Easements and license agreements.
- Obtaining municipal approval for the sale, purchase, use and development of real estate including building and zoning permits and environmental compliance.
- Negotiation and drafting of Architects, General Contractor and Subcontractor agreements.
- Compliance issues related to bid requirements and statutes related to public construction.
- Representation in litigation arising out of real estate ventures, including mediation and arbitration of construction disputes.
Contact us today if you have questions about Real Estate
Attorney(617) 479-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin S. Freytag is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice. He assists clients with the resolution of various business disputes in the areas of construction, labor and employment, and real estate and land use matters. He has represented construction companies in contract disputes, bid disputes, bond claims, abandonment claims, Chapter 93A consumer protection claims, mechanic’s liens claims, construction defect claims, indemnity claims, and insurance coverage issues under commercial general liability policies. Mr. Freytag also advises commercial landlords and tenants Read More
Partner(617) 479-5000 email@example.com
Mr. Graham is a managing partner with Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP and directs the firm’s corporate and commercial law practice areas. Mr. Graham has over thirty-five years experience in corporate organization, commercial contracting, business acquisition and sales, license and royalty agreements, intellectual property protection, commercial financing (bank, private placement and venture), commercial real estate acquisition, sale, leasing and construction, as well as general business counseling and advice. He has served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association Read More
Attorney(617) 479-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Formerly corporate counsel at a large Massachusetts Community Bank, Mr. McNulty’s practice is primarily focused on corporate and financial transactional work. Mr. McNulty handles the full spectrum of corporate and real estate matters and has assisted clients with entity formation, real estate transactions, mergers & acquisitions and investments, as well as commercial and residential acquisitions and dispositions. Additionally, Mr. McNulty represents and advises various financial institutions on a wide range of topics, including corporate governance, compliance, construction and secured lending, Read More
Murphy, Hesse, Toomey & Lehane, LLP is proud to announce that Attorney Kathryn Murphy, a Partner at the firm, has been selected as a Top Women of Law 2022 honoree by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. The honorees are selected based upon their “ significant contributions to the legal profession while also serving as role models for women entering the law.” Ms. Murphy is the first attorney at the firm to receive this prestigious honor. She has been practicing law at Read More
On August 10, 2022, Chapter 177 of Acts of 2022, “An Act Addressing Barriers to Care for Mental Health” was signed by Governor Baker. For public schools, it has impacts on student discipline, special education services, and emergency response plans. The bill goes into effect on November 8, 2022. Set forth below are summaries of the new law’s impact in the identified areas.